Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ouch!

I'm thinking this The Grind/Eric Nies/Jana working out gem is good for at least a few posts. I mean . . . have you met me?

Now imagine me dancing (if you can call that spazzy marching/kicking/pumping - yes, pumping as in "pump it down" - hand to god that's what they say - activity "dancing") in my living room along with Eric Nies.

There's just so much to say. And so much humiliation I'm willing to endure.

It's only been a few hours since I completed the first half of the workout and I'm already sore! There was a warning at the beginning that said I should consult my physician before beginning but I decided (just before dialing) that my physician might not appreciate a call of that nature at 10:30pm Sunday night.

"Hi, Dr. G?"

"Yes?" and I imagine this in a gruff, not impressed voice a few octaves lower than his actual speaking voice.

"I just wanted to consult you before starting this The Grind hip hop workout with Eric Nies. Do you think it is okay to proceed?"

And I imagine that he'd hang up at this point and I'd have to start looking for a new doctor.

So you can see why I didn't call.

Clearly, I should have.

No comments: