Thursday, August 28, 2008

Naked City, USA

Well, so, we overslept a bit this morning and in the somewhat hurried mess of getting children fed and washed (or least making it appear that they had been washed) Sedona refused to get with the program. She was happy enough about her resistance, still silly and playing but not wearing any pants.

I was collecting my lists for the day, phone, purse etc and still, she is not wearing pants. We got in late last night from some friends' and she'd fallen asleep in the car, so I simply pulled her jeans off of her and left her to sleep in her tank top. It was this very tank top that she felt was a complete outfit come morning.

I said, "Well, I'm about ready to go. C'mon Sedona, get ready. It is time to leave."

"I am ready." still with no pants.

"Well, I don't where you think you're going with no pants on."

without hesitation, slings her weight back on one hip and says, "I'm going to Naked City. You don't need pants there."

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I laughed out loud because this sounds just like something Ashlyn would say. I'm assuming she eventually got the pants on?