Monday, May 16, 2011

Project-ion

Ok well, just a project, really. But adding -ion makes it so much smarter somehow. Imagine all the fun we could have here with notions of projection. But we won't because this is just a project, really.

A happiness project.

If you aren't familiar with Gretchen Rubin's book might I suggest that you hurry to the bookstore RIGHT now and buy it?

I'll wait.









Now that you've got the book, please proceed to her website. Bask. Browse. Dig in.

In addition to great quotes and tips and even Gretchen's 12 personal commandments (which I love) you'll find a lot of talk about these Happiness Project Groups. Sounds delightful doesn't it?

The trouble is . . . there isn't one in Missouri and that is where I currently reside. As if I weren't already stretched wafer thin - I am actually considering what it might be like to start a happiness project group here.

It might be something that my souls needs.

It might be something others need.

What if we met on Monday nights during my Connect group at CtS? What if this were a way to bring inspired, lovely people together in a new way?

Other communities and relationships that I've sought to build over the years have failed and failed again. Maybe because I was joining something and I'm not a joiner. Maybe because our intentions were fundamentally different. Maybe because they served a very specific, short-term purpose.

But this might be just the thing.

I have to tell you - there was a moment a few paragraphs back when my stomach started to feel a bit odd and I started smiling at the computer screen. I think I have to do this.

I think I may have already sent an email requesting the starter kit.

I think I might already feel a little glowy and squirmy.

This might be just what I need.

6 comments:

Althea said...

Jana, I know I'm nowhere near you, but I have read (and now own) the book and will participate how I can?

Carrie said...

I looked at that book in Barnes and Noble about a month ago and remember thinking it looked good. Maybe I'll put it next on my list.

jana said...

Hooray Althea! I'd love to have you! I'm excited to see how it all takes shape. I'll keep you posted.

Carrie - Let me know what you think. I liked that it was very practical and very accessible.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Great blog mate. If you wouldn't mind checking mine out and leaving a comment, that would be excellent!

It's about Painless Suicide Methods

Click Here to check it out! :)

Yang Kuo said...

I looked at that book in Barnes and Noble about a month ago and remember thinking it looked good. Maybe I'll put it next on my list.

เย็ดสาว