Thursday, May 12, 2011

Leftovers



This, apparently, is what it means to put away the leftovers in my house.

And yes, I am aware that I am the parent and thereby responsible for teaching the smaller people these skills, but seriously. After 12 years of watching separate items go into separate Tupperware containers, receive lids and then get stacked neatly in the fridge wouldn't you think he'd have a pretty good idea of the expectation?

In case you are wondering, that is a hard boiled egg, some chicken fries and a few pizza rolls.

You may now criticize the quality of the dinner that the child was served and question the nutritional value that was provided while judging me, quietly, a lousy parent. You may suggest that if his body were fed more nutritional items his mind would be stronger and healthier, he'd be able to think clearly and reason things out. He'd know not to dump all leftover items in a single container before slinging it, uncovered, into the fridge.

You may be right. But probably aren't.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I laughed pretty hard at this. You are brave for sharing a picture from your fridge. I applaud you.