Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aren't they darling?

I just found the cutest non-insect related thing in my kitchen cabinets.

Coasters. Just plain old coasters.



What's so cute about coasters?

It's not actually the coasters that are cute. It is my 21 year old bridal delusion that is cute. I actually stood in Crate and Barrel and thought - yes. We will definitely need coasters. Duh.

I dreamed of a life in which coasters would be necessary. A life in which we'd have furniture that needed to be protected from moisture. A life in which my kids aren't as messy and clumsy as I am. Just today I threw a whole cup of water at/on myself in Jack in the Box. Didn't stumble. Just picked it up and away it went - ALL over me and the floor.

Coasters? Really?

Adorable, Jana. Simply adorable.

1 comment:

Althea said...

JANA....
Once again our lives parallel each others' (I don't know this has actually happened, but I'm willing to gamble that they have/are/will).
First. Check your houseplants for crawly bugs. Sometimes gnats lay their eggs in the soil. Toss the plants if you don't love them. If you want to try and save them, pour rubbing alcohol in the soil-it should kill the bugs and not your plants. Hopefully. I had that problem last winter.
Second. The delusions of a bride at Crate and Barrel. Holy sweet mother of Christ. I didn't register for coasters, but we have an m-fing FONDUE POT in storage, along with the accoutrement I thought I'd need to have, like, dinner parties and shit.
Hah.
WORD.