Monday, July 26, 2010

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

And a woman scorned hath no fury like a woman whose house in infested with gnats!





These innocent little pests have taken up residence in my kitchen and bathroom. I even found 3 in my bedroom last night. You wouldn't think they'd be that repulsive. Just a little gnat. Annoying? Sure. But disgusting? probably not. infuriating? riotous? abhorred? vile and wicked and . . . well, I may have developed some rather strong feelings about our little winged invaders.

I've tried everything to expel them from my presence. Ammonia, bleach, Raid, vinegar traps, Raid, ammonia, bleach, Raid and then some more Raid and then . . .well you get the idea. There is no food out. The trash cans are emptied every 12 minutes. No wet towels or clothes. . . and yet still they insist on tormenting me.

Maybe this is an opportunity for spiritual growth. I'm sure that's what it is. So maybe murderous rage and disgust isn't the response I should be embracing? Oops.

But seriously. When one walks into a bathroom in the middle of the night one should not be pelted (in the face. ew.) with startled insects. It seems reasonable to expect that living in a relatively civilized society, in a relatively well kept home, in a relatively quiet neighborhood, one should be safe from such atrocities.

I'm afraid my crazy is starting to show.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I hear you! We had gnats last summer and I tried a cup with a little red wine in it with plastic wrap on top (secured with a rubber band) with little holes punched in the plastic wrap. The gnats would crawl in and get drunk and not be able to escape. It did not get rid of all of them, but it was rather pleasant to see the ones that did crawl in suffer. Hah!

Um...does this mean my crazy is showing, too?

jana said...

So relieved to hear someone else almost giddy about seeing the stupid ones drowning in the wine (or vinegar as the case may be). I was feeling a little bit deranged.

I think I've finally gained some ground in the gnat war. We're down to a reasonable number of flying insects in the house given that it is summer in Missouri.

chelsea said...

Hello, I enjoyed reading your blog, I'm looking forward to read more, continue posting.


Dallas Dental Implants | Dallas Landscape