Friday, March 19, 2010

These go up to 11.

Well, today is the day. The boy officially turns 11 just before noon today. We've wondered for weeks what changes this milestone birthday might bring. After all, he starts middle school in a few months, has recently had his heart broken by a particular girl, all the signs are there . . . he is growing up.

We took a picture last night before bed to commemorate what "10" looked like. He asked, "So, do you think I'll look any older tomorrow?"



Well, friends, what do you think? Does "11" look any older?

4 comments:

Althea said...

Jana, did he put that on himself????
I laughed right out loud.

Jason said...

ooooooo... 11 really does look older... my god he has more of a 'stache than I do

jana said...

I must confess. . . I did it.

I had planned to sneak into his room and paint it on while he was sleeping but the kid just wouldn't go to sleep! He was still putzing around in there when I went to bed. So it wasn't nearly as shocking and hysterical as it could have been, but hey.

mascara does wonders on peach fuzz.

Grandpa said...

Yes, aging picks up quickly once it starts. Check the genes (jeans). He will soon grown hair all over his body. He will become the wookie of the next generation.

Will he shave or let it grow? Electric or blade? So many choices now.