Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just the one. . .

What did you wear to work today? How much thought did you put into it?

As we know, dressing to venture out in the world can be a daunting task. Some of us (excluding myself of course)fare better than others in this department. You know that day in junior high PE when the girls are separated from the boys and taught all things fashion hair and makeup so that they can successfully navigate the next 70 years as a woman? Yeah . . . I was absent that day.

Recently though I wonder if it might be genetic. (gasp) I wonder too if there is science to suggest that it skips a generation. (double gasp) Judging by my mother's fashion focus and my daughter's burgeoning interest in accessories. . . I'm the odd man out. errrr woman. See? missed that day.

Sedona has started putting an awful lot of thought into her daily ensembles. Just yesterday she announced (while carefully securing a headband)"I'm trying to look like a teenager today." (and with a flourish) "How did I do?"

Today, she wore one leg warmer. Yes, just the one. I inquired about the possibility of a second leg warmer but it was obviously a ridiculous question. I clearly don't have the gene.

Fashionista in the making.



Stay tuned for Sedona's take on girls' basketball fashion.

No comments: