Monday, March 28, 2005

Barf-O-Rama

Hey - - who ever said having kids was a lot of work? What do they know?

Last Thursday night, or more accurately early Friday morning I ran into a screaming child's room -
"What's wrong - oh my gosh. Did you throw up?"
And why might I ask such a question? Well it occurred to me as I stood barefoot in a puddle of some sort that something had been launched from his loft bed.

So for the next few days Jordan had a somewhat convenient stomach ache that came as scheduled whenever there were chores to do, meals to be eaten, or any other activity he was just simply "too sick" to complete.
By Sunday morning, after all the birthday festivities were finished, Jordan seemed to be in the best of health. That is, seemed to be until I saw the little orange numbers appear in the corner of the screen during church.
144.
144.
And Jordan is feeling sick in Sunday School. Yet somehow, when I looked at him intently for just a minute or two and said "really? Stomach hurts that much?" he quietly mumbled, "well. . . . Not really."
Shock, confusion, dismay.
It seems that Jordan's new birthday toys "were calling from home". They needed him.


In the following days Jeremy got conjunctivitis, I had a persisting headache due to lack of sleep and Sedona just kept getting crabbier and crabbier. Until Wednesday morning when she joined in the fun and started the most elaborate display of projectile vomiting I have seen to date. So off we go to the doctor just to make sure it is nothing more than your garden variety stomach flu.
Assured that it was nothing more exotic, we returned home to await the diarrhea that would follow the vomiting. As if all of this record breaking spillage wasn't enough excitement . . . then she got pink eye in her left eye. So we treated it with a dose of $45 (!!!!) drops only to have it spread to the right eye yesterday.

And here I sit Monday morning with most of my belongings and all of Sedona's pants covered in poo and my watch still encrusted with puke, with one eye a little blurry and the other starting to itch.
Happy Monday.

So here's hoping that we are looking at the beautiful 70 degree sunny day that will start a week with no puke, no eye goop, and certainly no uncontainable diarrhea.

Don't let the ceiling fall on your heads -
Jana

No comments: