Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Huge Butt

We got Jordan on the bus this morning and, after a particularly crazy last 5 days without showers and toilets and sanity (ask me if i love home improvement and I will gladly discuss Tim Allen's illustrious career, I will not however have pleasant things to say about out bathroom project just now).

Sedona and I flopped onto the couch and set into a game of kicking monsters, singing silly songs and alternating baby and mommy roles. About 15 minutes into this precious time Sedona grabbed the drawstrings of my pj pants (yes i am the mom at the bus stop in pjs today) and said "You better tie this up tight so your huge butt doesn't fall out."

Wow.

I said, "Excuse me? My huge butt?"
She calmly responded with, "Yeah see? Says huge butt" pointing carefully at a freckle on my stomach as if she was translating an ancient foreign text.

There was more after that but frankly, I was too amused to make careful notes beyond what I've shared already. I'll have to leave you wondering how our little scenario played out, resolved and eventually decided on the and comparative hugeness of my butt.

Enjoy what appears to be a sticky, cloudy end of summer day.

No comments: