Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weirdness Wisdom

So Jordan says to me:
"Mom, I think I'm the weirdest person even IN this family. No, actually, you are. I was born from you so before I was born you had all my weirdness and I had all your weirdness. But I do have my own actions and you have yours. I have to make my own choices about those. . . But the weirdness - " and he trails off leaving what I can only assume is an accusation or maybe a resignation to the facts. I'll never know. I'm just too weird.


In other news:
Sedona has been having a hard time getting to sleep the past few days and when she tip-toes out of her room she immediately reports "My tummy not go sleep right now. My tummy can't go sleep 2 minutes." What does this mean? Such an elaborate placement of blame for one so young. It isn't her fault at all that she is wandering the house after bedtime - its her tummy's. She does, however, consistently come to me to report this so I don't worry too much about her roaming unattended unbeknowst to us but then yesterday I thought I heard something as I was sitting here in the office but she never appeared from around the corner so I was sure I had imagined the squeak of her bedroom door. So a few minutes later I went into the kitchen to refill my drink (yes, vodka tonic. ok no - water but how much cooler would it have been to say -'went to freshen up my drink'? and i don't really know that you "freshen" water. eh well) when what do I find?

Sedona tip-toeing in circles in the middle of the kitchen with exaggerated arm be-quiet- gestures and an expression words can't possibly describe but imagine, again, EXAGGERATED quietness - big eyes, almost surprised mouth, slight smile, definite deviance.
But there she was. tip-toeing literally in circles for no apparent reason.
Too bad Jordan missed seeing that before he made his weirdness diagnosis.

No comments: