Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Alright, alright

So I haven't been doing much with this other than slapping pictures on but I'm back now to say - I've got some more pictures. But first I'll do a quick state of the union summary and then we'll get back to looking at how cute the kids are -

Jeremy's new job at the golf course is going well. We are even getting used to him being around every afternoon. A luxury it seems, but one we won't give up without a fight. He's getting one hell of a farmer's tan and enjoying the work outside. He also started classes this week at a local university and in approximately one year will have earned a Master's in Teaching and be ready to shape the young and all too malleable minds of Missouri teenagers. He has class almost every night of the week plus all the homework that comes with it - needless to say he is already resembling a decapitated fowl though I have no doubt he'll come out not only on top but ahead (no murky pun intended).

As for the kids and I - we are just settling into summer and the strangely long, uninterrupted days of summer. It turns out we rather like not having anyone else around until we invite someone to be around. I think it had been so long that there various children around (and the parents that tend to come with them) that we forget how simple things can be. So we work in the garden a lot. Sedona eats all sorts of things and reports back whether or not she will eat them again in the future - so far a favorite has been the little helicopter seeds that blanket our backyard. I can't say that I see the appeal but who am I to squelch her curiosity? * Note to those alarmed by the seeming nonchalance of these statements: The opinions and statements herein are in no way representative of the management or owners of this particular family. Rather, be assured that the child will not, has not and probably could not eat anything entirely hazardous to her health or the health of those around her. In other words. . . . A little dirt, a leaf here and there never hurt anybody so take a deep breath and think about how cute she looks with mud on her face.

Thursday is our 2 year anniversary and we will be sneaking out of town (and out of the Midwest completely) for a few days in hopes of securing some sanity for ourselves. We are gearing up for a pretty tough year but one that will be well worth the trials.

And now without further adieu -

the kids, our yard and maybe a picture evidencing my lack of hair (yes, that's right folks - I finally cut it off. Just above the shoulders and I must say, I rather like it. Probably should have done it sooner.)

No comments: